Shunthi: also known as Zingiber officinale is the best Ayurveda herb to correct the metabolism of the body. It is named Vishva Bhaishajya because of its wide range of usefulness. Because of its hot potency; This herb benefits a lot in all digestive disorders especially hemorrhoids, loss of appetite, tastelessness, and flatulence. Zingiber officinale not simply benefits in removing the harmful toxins from the body but also does not allows the further formation of toxins.
English Name:- Fresh ginger/dry ginger
Effect on Doshas:
Being katu snigdha and ushna. It is useful in kaphavata diseases.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Shunthi
- By its sheetprashaman, anti inflammatory and analgesic properties, it is used as local application in swollen joints and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is the best medicine for all Vata disorders. It stimulates nerves, improves impulse transmission and relieves pain.
- It is an excellent appetizer, antisatiety, digestive, antiflatulent, antiheamorrhoidal and antispasmodic. In proper dosages this helps in the Ayurveda treatment for IBS.
- Helps in the treatment of Fibromyalgia
- This herb is used in anorexia, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, indigestion, flatulence, abdominal pain, jaundice and piles.
- In oedema, Shunthi with equal quantity of jaggery in increasing dose up to largest and decreased to the original is useful as Rasayana.
- It is kaphaghna and antiasthamatic thus treats Asthma by its property of tikta and Snigdha.
- This herb containing formulation are useful in typhoid fever and innumerable conditions.
- Shuntipak is useful in general debility and particularly in post partum debility. It keeps digestive and respiratory system healthy. It ameliorates Vata diseases, swelling and increases the strength.
|Best Recommended Uses
|It is especially recommended in metabolic disorders especially rheumatic conditions. It alleviates pain as well as inflammation from the affected joints.
|Doses and Useful Parts
Useful Part:- Rhizomes.
Doses:- Shunthi Juice 2-4cc. powder 0.75-1.5 gm.