Shirisha, Albizzia lebbek is one of the main herbs indicated as anti-toxin in Ayurveda.
This is a herb to relieve bronchial asthma because it expels all the toxins out of the body and also purifies the blood. It opens the channels of the body by removing the Ama and this took place in the lungs mostly and that makes It a herb of choice for respiratory disorders. Because it removes the toxins so relieves in inflammatory conditions also so effective in inflammatory joint disorders too.
Effect on Doshas:
Tridoshashamak. It reduces Vata by its ushna veerya and Kapha Pitta by kashaya and tikta rasa. Its overall action is to reduce all the three Doshas. Very few dravyas have such action.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Shirisha
|Kashaya, Bitter, Sweet||Laghu, Ruksha, Tikshna||Mild ushna||Katu|
- Shirisha very effective in dental problems. In toothache and loosens of tooth gargling with bark decoction is done.
- This herb is used in eye diseases, especially in night blindness, leaf juice or decoction is dropped in the eyes.
- It has helpful in purifies blood so that it can be used in skin diseases, specially for herpes
- It also works as an anti-inflammatory, beneficial in inflammatory condition like Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Fibromyalgia , Irritable bowel Syndrome and lymphadenopathy.
- This Herb has special action of Shivovirechan (nasya) and kaphaghna therefore it used in rhinitis, cough etc.
- Albizzia is also best herbal remedy for asthma, flower juice is given with honey and piper longum (pippali) powder.
- It beneficial in poor semen quality, seed powder with milk is given for virilization.
- Albizzia act as an antitoxic so that it recommended in all toxic conditions. In organic and inorganic poisoning, bark decoction or seed powder are used.
- It improves complexion of skin.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Shirisha is the best antitoxin Ayurveda herb; it benefits a lot in respiratory problems especially Bronchial Asthma by removing the Ama and alleviating inflammation.|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|Part Used:- Bark, seeds, leaves flowers. We prefer the use of the bark and supply Shirisha Bark.|
Dose:- Bark powder 3-6 gm., seed powder- 1-2 gm., leaf juice- 12- 24 ml.