Rasna, Pluchea lanceolate is a natural cure for all problems of the nervous system, especially of the nerves. It helps in the conditions like neuritis, sciatica, and chronic inflammation of the nervous system. Because the last part of the intestine is well controlled by the Vata so problems like constipation and flatulence which are associated with the last part of the intestine are well treated/cured naturally by Rasna.
This works as a Rasayana and a drug of choice to delay the process of aging.
Prabhava (Special action for which there is no explanation how it happens)
Vishaghna (A very good herb to remove the toxins of the body)
Effect on Doshas: Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Rasna.
- It is used in digestive disturbances like flatulence, abdominal colic and indigestion,thus helps in Irritable Bowel Syndorme.
- It is very useful in respiratory problems like Asthma, bronchitis, pleuritis, chest pain
- Being Vedana Sthapana and Vata pacifier Rasna is useful in Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and Fibromyalgia and Vata disorders.
- This herb is useful in health problems related to female Genital system like Amenorrhoea, dysmenorrhoea.
- It is an antipyretic.
- It is useful in skin diseases like itching, ring worm and eczema. In skin diseases, a paste of Rasna roots prepared in cow’s urine is applied. Its decoction is also used to wash the affected area.
- It has a specific action for delay sign of aging.
- It nourishes all the tissue layers like rasa dhatu….. etc.
|Best Recommended Uses
|Rasna is the best Vata pacifying Ayurveda herb.
It benefits diseases of the nervous system, joints, alleviates dryness, and slows down the aging process.
|Doses and Useful Parts
|Powder 3-6 gm, Decoction-50-100ml, leaves