Pushkarmool; Inula racemosa is the best Ayurveda herb for Bronchial Asthma, respiratory discomfort, Hoccoughs, cough and pain in the chest.
It is useful in asthmatic conditions as well as heart diseases. It corrects the working of the heart and respiratory system. It possesses therapeutic properties for diabetes, heart diseases; anemia, and its complications. Pushkarmool is also a very good anti-allergic Ayurveda herb that works well in stress-related conditions as it lowers the stress hormone.
Effect on Doshas:
Vatakaphanasha by ushna veerya. It is useful in disorders induced by vata- kapha.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Pushkarmool
|Katu, Tikta||Laghu||Ushna (Hot)||Katu|
- It is an antifungal, it cures pus formation, swelling and pain.
- Powder of this herb is sprinkled over tuberculoid ulcers or it paste is applied. It is used in painful swelling.
- It stimulates brain and nervous system, hence it is useful in cerebral impairment and vata disorders.
- It is cardiac stimulant and blood purifier, hence useful in cardiac debility and blood disorders. It is the best medicine for cardiac asthma.
- This stimulates kidneys and increases urine formation by Tikshna, ushna, medogami and kaphagami properties.
- It acts as an expectorant by pungent, bitter and ushna properties. Thus it clears the airways and alleviates cough, dyspnoea and hiccoughs.
- Roots are bitter, acrid, thermogenic, aromatic, stimulant, antiseptic, alexipharmic, carminative, stomachic, expectorant, broncho-dialator, uterine stimulant, emmenagogue, resolvent, febrifuge and tonic.
- This helps in Ayurvedic Treatment for IBS
- It has anti histaminic and a broncho-dilatory action that makes it work in Shwasa roga.
- It acts as digestive and thus improves digestion and strengthens all dhatu.
- It is useful in general debility, anaemia, improves cardiac circulation, tissue metabolism and relieves weakness.
- This herb useful is in amenorrhoea and dysmenorrhoea.
- It reduces pain during menstruation and flow becomes normal.
- It also used as an aphrodisiac.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Pushkarmool Powder is the best Ayurveda herb for Hiccough, respiratory distress, cough and pain in flanks. In this way powder can be used effectively for treatment of respiratory as well as heart problems.|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|The dose of root powder of Pushkarmool is 2-4gm|