Kutaja; Holarrhena antidysenterica as the botanical name suggests it is a herb of choice for Amoebic dysentery. It removes the amoeba from the body, which can cause the severe problems like Liver Abscess.
This is also a herb of choice for natural cure of the chronic diarrhoea and dysentery and maintains the normalcy of the digestive system.
English Name:- Kurchi
Effect on Doshas:
Being ruksha, tikta, kashaya and sheeta, it is Kapha- pittashamak. Thus it is useful in many diseases of Kapha and Pitta and diseases due to blood and lymphoid system.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Kutaja
- Stem, Bark and indrayava (bitter seeds) are optimum for healing of ulcers. A decoction of these is used in ulcer treatment.
- It is Vatashaman Deepan, inhibitor of inflammation (cures) loss of appetite, pitta sarak and parasiticidal.
- Kutaja is Useful in diarrhea and dysentery.
- As per new researches is of great use in amoebiasis without the long term side effects.
- It is useful in bleeding disorders.
- Kutaja removes muscular weakness and tones up vaginal tissues after delivery.
- Due to its tissue healing properties, this is useful in weakness
|Best Recommended Uses
|Kutaja corrects the working of digestive system. It is specially recommended in diarrhea, dysentery and other mal-absorption disorders.
|Doses and Useful Parts
|For decoction of seeds – 0.5 to 1.00 gm for preparing decoction. 3-6 gm of bark powder, Stem, bark, seeds (indrayava; kalinga)