Dalchini, Cinnamon is well known for its capabilities to improve the metabolism of the body so it works well on Diabetes Mellitus and Obesity too- even this is sweet in taste.
For problems of the oral cavity right from the bad breath, cavities in teeth and bad taste of mouth- Cinnamon helps in all. Even it seems a simple herb- it can help in the complicated conditions like tuberculosis and syphilis too. So better next time you have a cappuccino with you add some cinnamon to this.
English Name:- Cinnamon.
Effect on Doshas:
Vatakaphanashak and pittavardhak by ushna. But sweet cinnamon is pittashamak. It is used in disorders induced by kapha-vata.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Dalchini
|Katu, Tikta, Madhur
|Laghu, Ruksha, Tikshna.
- This is used for mouth wash in bad breath and keeps teeth healthy. This is done by chewing of cinnamon.
- Chewing of Dalchini helps in nausea.
- Paste is applied in skin diseases like moles and skin tags etc.
- It is applied locally in headache and also in inflammation.
- In dental cavity, cotton wool soaked in 1-2 drops of oil relieves pain.
- Oil or paste is locally applied on penis in primary stage of syphilis.
- Oil relieves pain and inflammation caused due to scorpion bite.
- This is also used for cleaning and healing of tuber-culoid ulcer.
- It is used in neural debility and paralysis.
- This is useful in anorexia, ama dosha, abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome and haemorrhoids.
- It has antiprotozoal action is seen in enteric fever.
- It is used in weakness of heart muscles and blood disorders caused due to bacterial infection.
- It is an expectorant and anti-tubercular drugs
- It has oxy-toxics and aphrodisiac properties. Hence it is useful in amenorrhea and infertility.
|Best Recommended Uses
|Dalchini can be used as a natural sweetener in diabetes mellitus. It should be chewed or gargled (decoction) in bad breath, cavities in teeth, and bad taste in the mouth.
|Doses and Useful Parts
|Parts used:- Bark, oil and leaves.
Dosage:- Bark powder and leaves powder – 0.33 to 1Gm, oil 2-5 Drops.