Brahmi, Bacopa monnieri is one of the best rejuvenating and nervine tonic Ayurveda herb.
It is termed as it as its routine use makes a fellow enlighted similar to Brahma – creator of universe. It calms down the restless mind and improves analytical abilities of a fellow. Routine intake of Brahmi powder during pregnancy helps in proper growth of the baby physically as well as psychologically. This also improves quality of voice and delays the signs of ageing. On physicial level powder of Brahmi is a best rejuvenator of the body physiology. If your work is related to stress, Brahmi is a virtue for you, to keep you healthy.
Effect on Doshas:
Brahmi is vataghna, pittaghna and tridoshanashak.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Brahmi
- This is valuable plant for brain and entire nervous system.
- It is used in epilepsy and mania.
- It helps in depression and mental retardation by enhancing intelligence.
- This is slightly astringent and hence useful in diarrheoa due to vitiated vata thus helps in irritable bowel syndrome.
- In small doses has cardo-tonic property.
- It is used for cold and cough in children.
- This is used in rheumatoid arthritis, the fresh juice of Brahmi is applied to the inflamed joints which helps in relieving pain.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Brahmi Powder is a nervine tonic which calms down the mind. These characteristics make it very useful in loss of memory, schizophrenia and other psychic problems.|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|Dose: The dose for Powder of whole plant of Brahmi is 2-4 gm while the dose of Juice off Whole Plant of Brahmi is 10-20 ml|