Kasani, Chicorum intybus; is the herb for natural cure of choice for liver problems– it works as a hepato-protective, liver stimulant and cholagouge. The best selling medicine for liver disorders- Liv-52 and its variants are successful due to this herb alone. As liver is the main place for Pitta and it regulates the Pitta so it works on all the disorders linked up with the different diseases, where liver is involved.
Pitta diseases like menstrual disorders, burning sensations, cardiac diseases etc. are well cured naturally by the use of the Kasani.
Effect on Doshas: —
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Kasani
|Tikta||Laghu, Ruksha||sheeta, hence useful in disorders induced by kapha and pitta||–|
- Leaves’ grounded paste is applied on swelling induced by pitta Dosha.
- It is best remedy for alleviate the stress level and anxiety Because of its calming action on the brain, sherbet made of seeds is used in insomnia.
- It being an appetizer, liver stimulant and cholagogue. It used in diseases which are caused due to impaired agni, liver disorders and obstructive jaundice.
- Root and seed are used in blood disorders and dysuria.
- Root is mainly used in dysmenorrhoea and other menstrual disorders.
- It is also useful in fever, pitta, disorders and burning sensation.
- It helpful in general debility.
- This is beneficial in all heart related problems.
- Kasani reduce the high cholesterol level by decreasing fatty acid synthesis.
- It is helpful for diabetes and obese patients due to its hypoglycemic property.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Kasani is recommended as a therapeutic as well as preventive supplement for liver diseases. It nourishes the liver in all aspects.|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|Leaves, roots, Seeds|