Kalamegh; Androgaphis paniculata is a great antipyretic herb, where modern day anti-pyretic medicines can cause severe complications with your kid like- behavioral problem, internal bleeding in organs- Kalamegha and Chirayata prove the best solutions for the same and are safer.
Kalmegha also improves the skin texture and quality, improves functions of liver and also helps to get rid of the digestive disorders.
Effect on Doshas:
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Kalmegh
|Tikta||Laghu, Ruksha, Tikshna||Ushna||Katu|
- It being an appetizer, it is used in loss of appetite,
- This act as a liver stimulant therefore it used in all liver disorders like liver and spleen enlargement, constipation and jaundice
- It also work as a laxative, vermifuge, and worms. Therefor helps in Ayurveda treatment for IBS specially in constipation prone condition.
- This is useful in fever with rigors, mixture of black pepper and.
- It is also effective in chronic fever and general debility.
- It stimulates perspiration and removes toxins from the body via sweat.
- This prevents the blood clotting process so it is used to prevent reclogging and restenosis of arteries after angioplasty.
- It has anti microbial property against worms and parasites.
- This improve the power of immunmodulatory system against any problems.
- It is also used in High BP patients to maintain blood pressure.
- It is beneficial to make improvement aganist HIV and allergies patient
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Kalmegha is a very good and safe antipyretic Ayurveda herb. |
Basically, it works on the fire element of the body and harmonizes it in a normal state.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|powder of whole plant 0.5-1.25 gm, Juice- 2.4ml, Decoction- 20-40ml|