Diabetes Never Kills Itself
Sweet is the word which itself brings the satisfaction and happiness and anywhere this word connects with anything word. It makes all of us to memorize the beautiful things- living or nonliving. Sweetness is leading to the bitter experiences of life. But story has turned around and things have changed. Obviously this sweetness is killing all of us with cruelty. Diabetes- name is enough. This is a condition which is leading all of us to the immense problems. Therefore diabetes sounds like deathbed to everyone.
How Diabetes complications cause problem
This is a proven truth today; there is no disease other than the Diabetes which is equally deadly. These are the complications of Diabetes which are proving hazardous and killing. Diabetes is not a disease of a particular system; this is the disease of the whole body, where we don’t have a choice to escape. Obviously sugars are the primary nutritive agent for most of the body. And for body this is the easiest job to use the sugars available in the blood for nourishment of the body. When this sugar is present in abundance inside the body, it leads to the problems. There are two conditions related to the Diabetes-
- Sugar is available in the blood. But it is not “available” to the cells. Because cells are not able to consume this blood sugar. Therefore this blood sugar keeps on floating in the blood.
- Insulin is not functioning well and this leads to the indigestion of the Sugar and it keeps on increasing in the blood stream.
These are the complications of the Diabetes, which leads to the deadly nature of the diabetes; here are the chronic and acute complications of Diabetes.
Few Complications of Diabetes
Both forms of diabetes ultimately lead to high blood sugar levels, a condition called hyperglycemia. Over a long period of time, increased blood sugar levels damages the retina of the eye, the kidneys, the nerves, and the blood vessels.
- Damage to the retina from diabetes (diabetic retinopathy) is a leading cause of blindness.
- Damage to the kidneys from diabetes (diabetic nephropathy) is a leading cause of kidney failure.
- The Damage to the nerves from diabetes (diabetic neuropathy) is a leading cause of foot wounds and ulcers. This frequently lead to foot and leg amputations.
- Damage to the nerves in the autonomic nervous system can lead to paralysis of the stomach (gastroparesis). This leads to chronic diarrhea. The same problem is with heart and an inability to control heart rate and blood pressure during postural changes.
- Diabetes accelerates atherosclerosis, the formation of fatty plaques inside the arteries, which can lead to blockages or a clot. Such changes can then lead to heart attack, stroke, and decreased circulation in the arms and legs (peripheral vascular disease).
- Diabetes predisposes people to high blood pressure and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. These conditions independently and together with hyperglycemia increase the risk of heart disease, kidney disease, and other blood vessel complications.
In the short run, diabetes can contribute to a number of acute medical problems.
Other Complications of Diabetes
Here are few of the severe complications which might prove fatal to the patients if not treated well.
Possibilities of Infections
Many infections are associated with increased levels of the blood sugar. And infections are frequently more dangerous in someone with diabetes because the body’s normal ability to fight infections is impaired. To compound the problem, infections may worsen glucose control, which further delays recovery from infection.
Hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar, occurs from time to time in most people with diabetes. It results from taking too much diabetes medication or insulin (sometimes called an insulin reaction), missing a meal, doing more exercise than usual, drinking too much alcohol, or taking certain medications for other conditions. It is very important to recognize hypoglycemia and be prepared to treat it at all times. Headache, feeling dizzy, poor concentration, tremors of hands, and sweating are common symptoms of hypoglycemia. You can faint or have a seizure if blood sugar level gets too low.
Diabetic ketoacidosis is a serious condition in which uncontrolled hyperglycemia (usually due to complete lack of insulin or a relative deficiency of insulin) over time creates a buildup in the blood of acidic waste products called ketones. High levels of ketones can be very harmful. This typically happens to people with type 1 diabetes who do not have good blood glucose control. Diabetic ketoacidosis can be precipitated by infection, stress, trauma, missing medications like insulin, or medical emergencies like stroke and heart attack.
Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome
Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome is a serious condition in which the blood sugar level gets very high. The body tries to get rid of the excess blood sugar by eliminating it in the urine. This increases the amount of urine significantly and often leads to dehydration so severe that it can cause seizures, coma, and even death. This syndrome typically occurs in people with type 2 diabetes who are not controlling their blood sugar levels, who have become dehydrated, or who have stress, injury, stroke, or are taking certain medications, like steroids.
Some people augment that Ayurveda has a cure for the Diabetes, this is not true 100%. Obviously there can be some chances of reversal. Where diabetes is the secondary disease. The condition caused by some other disease or problem. In this secondary type of Diabetes, some other condition causes the diabetes. For example as in case of pregnancy. In that there are certain chances of cure of the Diabetes, but generally Ayurveda has a theory of management of Diabetes. Ayurvedic Management of Diabetes is based upon the principle of maintaining of the blood sugar level on an optimum level and control of the complications of the Diabetes.
About Diabetes and such deadly diseases, Ayurveda has a clear opinion that the best thing is to prevent the diseases to occur. Prevention is always better than cure and it applies everywhere. Diabetes is a condition of the body and it is easy to prevent this condition to appear than to reverse it to a normal condition. For this one should be aware that for Diabetes, how much prone he or she is? This will help you to get rid of the problems associated with the Diabetes. Ayurveda cannot Cure Diabetes: but surely won’t let you to die due to Diabetes.