This herb is with seven whorls in its stem with a dark yellow colored bark- it gives the name Saptarangi– Saptachakra means seven whorls- to this. Saptachakra, Casearia essculanta is a drug of choice for diabetes. It works on the root cause of the diabetes and gives relief to the condition of diabetes by regulating the functions of liver and pancreas. Along with the relieving from the symptoms of the Diabetes and regulating the blood sugar It also reduces the risk of side effects of the Diabetes. Because it work on the liver so gives good results in hepatomegaly and other liver related disorders like- jaundice, constipation and bad digestion.
Especially for females– it relieves the painful menstrual periods- dysmenorrhea and regulates the female hormones.
English name :- Wild coryfruit (winterberry like)
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Saptarangi
|Laghu, Ruksha, Tikshna
- Saptarangi is useful in kapha-vata disorders.
- It also purifies pitta.
- It reduces the inflammation of piles by local application of root paste
- It being appetizer and digestive, it is useful in loss of appetite dyspepsia etc.
- This herb has a special action of hepatostimulant and laxative, therefore it is used in liver enlargement, jaundice and constipation.
- It reduces the blood disorders.
- It acts as Rasayana in restoring the normalcy in diabetes and polyuria.
- It helps in reducing excessive sweating by emulsifying fatty tissue.
- It is beneficial in all metabolic disorders like diabetes and obesity.
- This is useful in all types of menses troubles specially in excessive bleeding and relives pain and discomfort during menses time( pre menstrual symptoms)
|Best Recommended Uses
|Saptarangi is the drug of choice for diabetes by alleviating the root cause for the problem i.e. to correct the working of liver and pancreas.
|Doses and Useful Parts
|Dose:-Root powder – 1 -2 gms, Rasayana 0.5- 1 gm, decoction -3-6 gms.