Multiple sclerosis aka MS is a condition that brings a lot of challenges to a patient along with disability and hopelessness. We know, we cannot cure the condition. But at list Ayurvedic Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis can add some life in your years and you can lead to a quality life. The same is the mission of Sukhayu Ayurved Hospital. Join me, join hands together and let’s change the course of disease like Multiple Sclerosis.”Vaidya Pardeep Sharma
The human body’s most delicate system is the central nervous system. This system is so intelligent that it controls everything from the finest subtle movements to gross movements. The nervous system is structured like a circuit, with a cluster of wires covered in fats known as the myelin sheath. When this sheath sheds off, current diffuses from the nerves and leads to improper functions in the body–a disease called Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Why does myelin sheath decay?
- What flares up multiple sclerosis?
- How can you get rid of MS?
- Is multiple sclerosis really incurable?
What are the chances of recovery from Multiple sclerosis through Ayurveda?
What makes Ayurveda a better choice for MS
Ayurveda is more practical in terms of the treatment of MS. This is logical and here are the reasons behind it:
- Ayurveda covers the complete human body in one go- Holistic approach of Ayurveda.
- Immune system can be modulated well through Ayurveda.
- Suppression of immune system complicated the condition and this is why Ayurveda is more viable system for MS patients.
- Chronic diseases has proper treatment with Ayurveda.
- The recurrence is least possible with Ayurvedic treatment in cases like MS.
- Ayurveda works on the principles of diet and lifestyle, this helps in controlling the further flare-ups of the disease.
What does Ayurveda Say About Multiple Sclerosis
Ayurveda works solely on a theory of three doshas. Everything revolves around these. Besides this, there is a concept of Dhatus too. Dhatus are those who hold bodies together. Among the seven Dhatus– Majja Dhatu represents the central nervous system. It is well documented a person with decay or depletion in Majja dhatu will remain a patient of Vata disease forever.
So here we have two points to share about the Ayurvedic approach towards Multiple sclerosis.
- Multiple sclerosis is a condition characterized by the decay of the activity of the vata.
- Secondly, Majja is the dhatu which is depleted (the lesions in CNS).
We work on these two points at Sukhayu Ayurved to treat the MS. And in the same time, we follow our strong approach of the Treatment of autoimmune diseases. Because the whole treatment is approach-based. Therefore we have proper results in patients of MS.
So let’s know more about the Ayurvedic treatment of MS…
Ayurvedic Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The Ayurvedic treatment that we offer for MS at Sukhayu Ayurved, Jaipur has the following points:
- The first and foremost thing is we want to understand the type of multiple sclerosis.
- In relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS) we need to work more for prevention.
- And in case of primary progressive MS (PPMS) we work on slowing down the aggressive progress of the condition.
- The complete assessment helps us to find these patterns of MS.
- The involvement of Doshas is important to know about. This we do in different ways-
- Pulse diagnosis
- Physical Analysis
- Assessment of patients is done regularly on the basis of:
- Thinking and fatigue
- Family and Social well-being
- Emotional well-being
- General contentment
The approach of Sukhayu Ayurved for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis is –
- To balance the doshas.
- Nourishment of Majja Dhatu
- Because this is a condition with decay in Majja Dhatu. Therefore we work on the Basti Chikitsa told to nourish Majja Dhatu.
- Diet and Lifestyle
- The patient needs to control his/her diet.
- Lifestyle is advised.
- Meditation techniques to relax the stress.
Does a patient need to be admitted for the Treatment of MS at Sukhayu?
Yes, this is an in-house treatment program. Where the patient needs to admit for 21 days with us. After the in-house treatment. The patient needs to continue medicines and diet lifestyle recommendations back home.
How many times a patient with MS need to be admitted?
Two to three times a patient needs to come to us for in-house treatment.
What is the daily routine while admission?
There are certain procedures of Panchkarma that start early in the morning and patient got usually free by 6 in evening. In between three times procedures are done, in general. But the approach of treatment is all individualised.
How can Ayurvedic Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis help patients?
Ayurveda can help in MS in the following ways-
- The best thing is- Ayurveda can stop progress of MS.
- Ayurveda can ensure no recurrence of the multiple sclerosis will be there.
- In Ayurvedic treatment of MS we don’t use steroids and such medicines. So you wont be victimised for the side effects of the steroids.
- The treatment with ayurveda will help your nervous system to regain its strength.
- You can lead a better quality of life, with Ayurveda.
In conclusion, Ayurveda has a lot to offer in the case of MS.
You can find the answers for your most of the queries here- All You Need to Know About Treatment of MS.
For any query please make an appointment with us and come for the consultation with Vaidya Ji.
Read the posts on Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Ayurveda Things to make Multiple Sclerosis Treatable
- All You Need to Know About Treatment of MS
- Ayurveda Treatment for Neurological Diseases
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease
“My fatigue has gone away, and now I need not bother about the blurred vision. Feeling much more energized and leaving the hospital with hope and happiness, thanks all at Sukhayu.”
Rohit Shankakar, Age 25, Yavtamal Orrisa