You can lead a balanced and active life with Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease at Sukhayu Ayurved, Jaipur. this page will detail how and what!!
|Success Rate of Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease at Sukhayu Ayurved||80% + of patients are leading a normal life without any complications and symptoms and are on minimum medicines.|
|What is Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s disease||In mild cases, we go with medicines alone but in the case of chronic cases, we offer Panchakarma treatment to the patients.|
|For Panchakarma What is the Protocol||For the first Panchakarma Session, the patient needs to admit for 21 days and the follow-up Panchakarma sessions are according to the requirement and progress of the patient.|
|Which Panchakarma Treatments help in Parkinson’s Disease||Virechana, Medhya Basti, Shirodhara, Shirobasti, Pindaswedana, Nasya, or some other Panchakarma procedures are done as per the requirement of the patient.|
|Ayurvedic Medicines for Parkinson’s used at Sukhayu Ayurved||We use some classical preparations from Ayurvedic texts like – Vr. Vatachintamani, Rasaraj Rasa, Ekangveer Rasa, and a few we have developed on our own at Sukhayu Ayurved like- Neurosattava, Medhya and Cerebrrum, etc.|
The Treatment Process for Parkinson’s Disease in Ayurveda?
We have a complete protocol for the Ayurveda treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Everything is properly planned with us.
- The selection of a patient is the most important in this condition.
- Once we select a patient, then we continue the
- The first thing we do in the case of Parkinson’s is the complete assessment of the patient.
- After assessment when we know about the involved doshas and gunas.
- On the basis of all the assessments -the line of treatment is decided according to the findings and study of the patient.
- The patient needs to admit with us for 21 days in the first sitting.
- Medicines continue for 2 years in almost all cases.
- But this is not a perfect guideline about time for medicines.
- Patient have to come two to three times for Panchakarma treatment eight days sittings.
- Diet and lifestyle are important and integral parts of treatment in Ayurveda. Therefore as a patient needs to follow this.
- You can consult with our vaidyas through video consultation.
Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- The main purpose of treatment is to stop the progress of the disease.
- So that we bring the patient to normal lifestyle.
- Of course, line of Ayurveda treatment for parkinson’s disease is to bring back the normalcy of the life with you.
- Selection of procedures and medicines is as per the involvement of the doshas.
Under the guidance of Vaidya Pardeep, we are providing the best Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease. We work on the following points. Hence it is important to know about certain points. So that you can select the treatment of Parkinson’s disease with us. Even where genetic factors are involved in the process of the disease.
The main approach of the Sukhayu Ayurved, Jaipur is based on the following points. We work on a three-dimensional approach for Ayurveda treatment for Parkinson’s disease.
- Ayurvedic medicines:
We don’t use KRAUNCH PRODUCTS. Because Ayurveda doesn’t work on approach of levodopa. Therefore we work on Doshas and Gunas so that we can give proper results to our patients.
- Panchakarma: In case of neurological disease, Panchakarma is one thing which is the most helpful treatment.
- Yoga Asanas and Mudras: To help in cognitive conditions of the patient, Yoga asanas can help in a better way. We do this too. So that we can assist our patients in a better way.
With three dimensional approaches, we are able to give the best in class Ayurveda treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
How successful is Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease?
At Sukhayu, we are treating the cases of Parkinson’s without using Dopamine. This is moreover like talking about sunlight without sun for many of us. But this is true because Ayurveda doesn’t recommend or thinks about dopamines!
This is because we know that the nervous system needs the balancing of things, not just some external supply of dopamines.
In name of Ayurveda, the same mistake is made again and again. We kept on working on the tremors through Ayurveda. Secondly, the mistake is to use herbs that carry dopamine. Then what is the difference between the Ayurvedic and Allopathic approaches?
Undertreatment of Vaidya Pardeep, there are many patients. These patients come from every part of the globe and getting proper results. We are able to give these results, repetitively.
However, we have only 82% results with patients. We know these mean a lot in a condition similar to Parkinson’s. This 82% are the cases where we had withdrawn all medicines and the patient is leading a normal life. But we are working hard to make it possible with the maximum number of patients.
At Sukhayu we treat diseases of the nervous system successfully: Multiple Sclerosis
Ayurveda about Parkinson’s disease
In Ayurvedic literature, the exact detailing of any disease is not as such available. There are certain conditions, when we explore these conditions, we can find the treatment of many conditions. Therefore in parkinsonism, the main thing is to find out the exact pathophysiology in terms of Doshas. This helps in reaching proper Ayurveda treatment and a solution to the problem.
Before we proceed to the Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease. Here, we need to know about certain facts about PD according to Ayurveda.
- Vata is main dosha in this disease.
- Vata is not able to express itself properly.
- If we look at gunas, then we can see a clear relation between the – movement and stability (Chala and Sthira).
- Therefore we need to co-relate everything with doshas and gunas.
- The Ayurveda treatment for Parkinsons’ approach is primarily based on pathophysiology of the disease.
- Reversal of pathology helps in the complete reversal of the disease.
We at Sukhayu work on these principles only. We don’t work on lousy analogies of the diseases.
Parkinson’s Disease Versus Kampvata
The best analogy declared for Parkinson’s is Kampavata. This is not a disease as per Ayurveda. This is just a symptom. But many consider “tremors” are the only problem. Tremors seem like the main primary symptoms. But the main condition in the case of PD’s main problem is- bradykinesia- slowness in movements. And disability, hence we need to work more on the movements.
It is missed several times.
We need to bring the movements back for the patient so that his life won’t be miserable.
Consequently, the disability of a patient is all about movement. When we can restore the movement. We can help a patient better.
What is Parkinson’s Disease as per Ayurveda?
Here in the case of Parkinson’s the main involved dosha is – Vata. Vata is not able to express itself. This is the basic reason behind the problem of Parkinson’s disease.
Dopamine and Vata are the same. Not only dopamine, but many other biochemical activities also represent Vata dosha. Vata is not a physical thing.
This analogy stands for – activities and actions.
Because Vata itself is a very broad concept of Ayurveda. Vata is not limited to some tissue or some organ alone. The same applies to the biochemical activities of dopamine.
Dopamine works on different aspects of the body, not just in the nervous system activities. Not only confined to the brain or nervous system. So is the Vata Dosha.
When we compared the Vata and activities of dopamine, here are the points-
|Movement||Sarva hi chesta vaten s pranah praninam smrutah|
|Memory||Pravartakscheshtamuchchavachanam / Cheshtavegpravartanaih / Gatimatoh|
|Pleasurable reward||Niyanta Praneta Ch Mansah|
|Behavior and cognition||Sarwe-indriyarthanaambhivibhodha|
This clear analogy is not by chance. There are many aspects of this. When we say, Vata disease. It means that Vata is not able to express itself.
One thing is- decay of Vata – when dopamine is not adequate in the body.
Secondly, when Vata is suppressed- dopamine is not able to attach to its receptors.
No dopamine versus Disabled Dopamine
This is a condition that is almost close to Parkinson’s disease. However, this resemblance is all based on principles.
This is Vaidya Pardeep’s hard work and vision about Ayurveda. Importantly, only Sukhayu Ayurved, Jaipur is working on this approach and this is the reason we are able to help the patients with parkinson’s disease. This is the first time in history of Ayurveda that someone has explained Parkinson’s disease like this. With concept of Doshas and Gunas. And more importantly not using any substitute of dopamines for the Ayurvedic treatment for parkinson’s disease.
This is like having money and your account is seized. Money is unreachable or you are blocked in any way. In such a condition- you need to make sure- you can utilize the money. Therefore the line of treatment will be different. And when you don’t have any money, you need to earn more.
The same applies to Dopamine. Once receptors, where dopamine attaches, are blocked, you need to open these. And where dopamines are in low quantity, we need to improve and increase the production of the same.
All about Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease
Even after this much detail, few things are left. Queries should be replied to properly. So here are some FAQs about Parkinson’s disease-
This is a patient-specific question. Because the spectrum of Parkinson’s disease is vast and it has different stages, therefore, it is hard to say in one word- curable and incurable. The early stages of Parkinson’s disease are well reversible and the patient won’t need to continue any medicines. But in a later stage, the verdict is the management of the condition, alone. So the prognosis is not similar in all cases. After a complete assessment, your physician can only comment on that.
For sure, Parkinson’s can be stopped through Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease. The main idea of Ayurveda is to bring complete wellness through a holistic approach. Thus, for Ayurveda, it is possible to stop the Parkinson’s disease.
Must read articles about ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease
Treating Parkinson’s Disease Naturally at Sukhayu Ayurved
Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease focuses on balancing the body’s three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Ayurveda believes that imbalances in these doshas can lead to symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. The Ayurvedic treatments for Parkinson’s disease aim to correct these imbalances and restore harmony to the body. Ayurvedic practitioners may use a variety of methods to achieve this, including changes in diet, lifestyle, and Ayurvedic herbs. Ayurvedic treatments have been shown to be effective in reducing symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and improving quality of life.
Handshake is good but shaking hands are horrible. Holding a cup and sipping it becomes a challenge for the patient with Parkinson’s disease. There are no treatments for this with a conventional system of medicines. Western sciences had already accepted their defeat well in advance. Because of this PD rules the medical world nowadays. But there is another side to the story too. Parkinson’s disease is a condition that we can treat well in Ayurveda (in specific cases). Most importantly, Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease is possible. Early you join some Ayurvedic hospitals with better results you get. Chronicity adds complexity to every disease and especially in neurodegenerative diseases.
Generally, in name of Ayurveda treatment of Parkinson’s disease, patients just keep on looking for herbal nerve tonics. But the complex degenerative disorder needs more care than herbal nerve tonics.
It is important to understand the disease for the proper treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
Here are the details of the disease and all aspects of Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease.
Few Facts about Parkinson’s disease
Here are a few facts about Parkinson’s disease, which you should know affirmatively.
- Parkinson’s disease is a disease of the nervous system.
- Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disease.
- This nervous system disease commonly affects male populations.
- This is also known as shaking palsy. Therefore some Ayurveda physicians use the word “Kampa Vata” for the condition of Parkinson’s disease.
- In 2015, Parkinson’s Disease affected 6.2 million people and resulted in about 117,400 deaths globally
- At the start, Parkinson’s remains silent. Therefore the diagnosis is delayed.
- Tremors during rest are common in Parkinson’s.
- The main problem is always disability in movement.
- Restricted movements don’t allow a patient to move freely.
- Above all this condition doesn’t have any treatment yet, with allopathy medicines.
- This comes in a list of incurable diseases, as per modern medicine.
- It was considered to be a disease of old age.
- Nowadays, patients an early age are more evident.
- Genetic factors are responsible for this degenerative disease of the central nervous system.
Patients need to depend on the chemicals. The dosage of medicine increases regularly so are the complications of the disease.
We need to find what Ayurveda can offer for the treatment of this challenging condition. And how can the Ayurveda treatment regime be helpful in Parkinson’s disease?
What is Parkinson’s Disease
Blank, expressionless face. Tremors in hand-jaw or legs. Inability to walk or move the body. Stiffness while moving. This is a condition of Parkinson’s disease.
The brain is a complicated structure. With a lot of nerves like wires. And dozens of chemical agents. These nerves and chemicals work together. Hence the movements or stability whatever is there all are results of a complicated process. Which keeps on going deep inside the brain. When any of these components don’t work properly. Physical movements impair.
Parkinson’s disease is one such disease. Where the chemical agent- dopamine, doesn’t work. This condition leads to the failure of certain neurological activities in the brain.
Where movements should not happen (movements in the hand, jaw, and other body parts) in rest. Movements occur as tremors. And where we need movement to walk hands- there are no movements!
So Parkinson’s disease is mismanagement of – Movements and Stability.
This movement disturbs the impact of- a chemical that helps the brain in making decisions. Dopamines. When the brain doesn’t get the proper dose of dopamine, the condition worsens.
What Happens in Parkinson’s Disease?
The substantia nigra is a small part of the brain. These parts secret a chemical- dopamine. Dopamine is a hormone and neurotransmitter. It is responsible for many activities in the brain and body. This is also synthesized in the kidneys along with the brain and other tissues. But external dopamine, other than produced in the brain, cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. Therefore external source is of the least use.
When this neurotransmitter is not efficient in working. It leads to the problem of Parkinson’s disease.
This happens in two ways.
Firstly, when dopamine is not able to communicate with the neural cells. And secondly, when production of the dopamine is not good. In both conditions, dopamine is not able to work efficiently. This causes problems with the activities of the brain which control through dopamine.
Here we need to know a bit more about dopamine. So that we can understand activities of the dopamine in a better way. This will help us to find out about the Ayurveda treatment for Parkinson’s disease.
What role dopamines does play in Parkinson’s?
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter. A hormone too. This is not only the nervous system where dopamine works. It impacts the whole body.
Dopamine impacts us on a cellular level too. But dopamine working in the rest of the body is different from the one in the brain. As said above, dopamine doesn’t cross the blood-brain barrier.
Dopamine is responsible for the following-
- Controls neurological activities.
- Regulates movements.
- Helps in attention, learning, and emotional responses.
- Brings a feeling of joyfulness.
- Dopamine impacts cardiovascular activities.
- Helps in cognitive behavior.
This is the reason, dopamines have a vast impact on the body and its activities.
Signs and Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
There are different signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Tremor- Pill rolling tremors.
- Tremors increase in resting position.
- Rigidity in body and movements.
- This is known as cogwheel rigidity.
- Akinesia- lack of movement.
- Motionlessness attributable to a temporary paralysis
- Postural changes- Festinating gait. The patient walks bent in a forward position, because of a lack of control of the nervous system.
- Other symptoms- heartburn, dribbling, dysphagia, constipation & weight loss, urinary
- Bradykinesia -A symptom of Parkinsonism comprising difficulty in initiating
- Movements and slowness in executing movements- this happens because the nervous system is not able to communicate properly with the rest of the body.
Parkinson’s disease has different signs and symptoms within and outside the nervous system. According to motor, non-motor, and Neuropsychiatric symptoms.
1) Characteristic Motor symptoms
These are the symptoms associated with the motor activities of the body. Therefore we know these as characteristic motor symptoms.
- Bradykinesia- difficulty in initiating movements and slowness in executing movements. This is the most common and complicated motor symptom of Parkinson’s disease.
- Difficulty in getting from a chair
- Tremor-Pill rolling
- Cogwheeling sensation due to low control causes this motor symptom.
- Dystonia- muscle dysfunction characterized by spasms or abnormal muscle
2) Non-motor symptoms
These are more like cognitive symptoms of PD, thus known as non-motor symptoms
- Depression & Anxiety
- Cognitive impairment
- Sleep disturbance
- Sensory abnormality & Pain
- Loss of Smell
These are the non-motor symptoms of the PD
3) Neuropsychiatric symptoms
- Change in Mood
- Cognition- he mental processes by which knowledge is acquired. These
- include perception, reasoning, acts of creativity, problem-solving, and
- possibly intuition
- Behaviour are accompaniment
All these symptoms are evident in the condition of Cerebellar Atrophy too.